The WC-Series High Temp heat pump uses a standard geothermal ground loop, and delivers up to 160°F (70°C) hot water for high-temperature hydronic heating systems. We accomplished this by using a two-step system involving two refrigerant circuits and two compressors. This is called Cascading Refrigeration.
Ideal for retrofit applications where temperatures higher than 120F are required. This WC-Series High Temp heat pump is ideally suited for homes retrofitting from hot water boilers, with hot water baseboard or hot water radiators. The WC-Series High Temp heat pump can also be used as a stand-alone system for heating domestic hot water.
Learn more in this video:
- R410a circuit on the ground side and R134a circuit on the hot side for a wide temperature spread without stressing either circuit.
- Two high-efficiency single-speed Copeland scroll compressors, each with double grommet isolation for low noise.
- Single wall heat exchanger for space heating with optional double wall condenser available for dedicated hot water heating.
- Electronic expansion valves for precise refrigerant control and maximum capacity.
- Gen2 control board includes BACnet and USD laptop connectivity, data logging, built-in aquastat functionality, ‘outdoor reset’, and electronic readout of all water in/out temperatures and refrigerant pressures.
- Sight glass are standard on each refrigerant circuit.
- Refrigerant receivers on each circuit to maximize condenser capacity.
It’s innovations like this that makes us want to partner with Nordic heat pumps.