Improve your geothermal system efficiencies!
This variable speed pump module delivers the highest level of efficiency and accuracy when it comes to operating your geothermal system.
The combination of a Grundfos UPMXL 25-124 variable speed pump with a Geo-Flo flow center and a two-stage geothermal heat pump can improve system efficiency by up to 20%! Geothermal heat pumps are becoming even more efficient, but we’re still using the same pumps that we were in the 1980s. The example chart below shows how significant the impact can be. Efficiency gains are especially significant when running in part load operation (typically 80% of the run hours).
Compare to ECM Fan Motor.
Think of the variable speed pump module the same way like the efficiencies gained by adding an ECM fan motor to the heat pump. ECM fan motors are now the standard on forced air geothermal heat pumps. Similarly, the Grundfos UPMXL 25-124 adds an ECM pump to the water circuit for increased system efficiency.
Some of the Key Features are:
- Simplified installation; significantly less labor
- Temperature difference control or temperature and flow control (temp & flow allows heat of extraction/rejection display)
- Includes hose kit for connection to heat pump (1” fittings with P/T ports)
- Includes 1-1/4” PE fusion connection to ground loop
- Compatible with all heat pumps
The variable speed pump module kit includes all of the fittings necessary for connecting to the ground loop (1-1/4” PE fusion) and to the heat pump (1” MPT).