NORDIC RS-Series SPLIT
The NORDIC RS-Series SPLIT, or RS Series is the water-side of a traditional R Series heat pump. This heat pump is used with a matching capacity refrigerant air handler and fan assembly, sold here.
This style of heat pump was developed to provide a convenient way to convert a split air source heat pump to geothermal without having to remove the existing air handler.
For use on open or closed loop systems. Features heating, active cooling and domestic hot water. Important: All 80 series units are one stage.
To achieve an AHRI Certified installation, you need to match this unit with a matching refrigeration air-handler. For example, a 4-ton RS-Split heat pump has to be matched with a 4-ton refrigeration air handler.
Features & Available Options for the NORDIC RS-Series SPLIT
- Domestic hot water desuperheater package. (Not available for R 09-24 or RH 09-24)
- Turbotec® coaxial heat exchangers, cupro nickel heat exchangers available.
- Taco® slow closing water valve kit are available for open loop installations.
- Completely insulated water lines, accumulator and heat exchanger.
- Oversized evaporator (Ex. A three horsepower heat pump as a five horse power evaporator) so they can achieve very high COP’s even when operated on ground loops with EWT’s as low as 25°F.