Nordic®’s liquid-to-air heat pump is called the R Series. The NORDIC R-Series Forced Air Series is a full package active heating and cooling unit. The R Series works with either well water or geothermal ground loops. This water to air heat pump comes with domestic hot water preheat and provides hot water in both the heating and cooling modes. The R Series is also available in slim horizontal, and split configurations.
See a video discussing the unique features for this geothermal forced air heating heat pump.
Standard features on this geothermal forced air heating and cooling heat pump are:
- Domestic hot water desuperheater package with built-in circulating pump
- Turbotec® coaxial heat exchangers, cupro nickel heat exchangers available
- Taco® slow closing water valve kit are available for open loop installations
- Smallest 5-6 ton footprint in the industry at 24” x 28”
- Completely insulated water lines, accumulator and heat exchanger
- Over sized evaporator (Ex. A three horse power heat pump as a five horse power evaporator) so they can achieve very high COP’s even when operated on ground loops with EWT’s as low as 25°F
This heat pump is a true cold climate heat pump. Made in Canada for Canadian winters!