Using a standard geothermal ground loop, our high-temperature hot water heat pump (WC Series) delivers up to 160°F (70°C) hot water for high-temperature hydronic heating systems. We accomplished this by using a two-step system involving two refrigerant circuits and two compressors.
Unique in the geothermal industry: WC-Series Cascading geothermal heat pump. This Water-to-Water heat pump can take geothermal ground loop temperature water and bring it up all the way to 160F. It uses cascading dual compressor and dual refrigerant technology to achieve this.
Ideal for retrofit applications where temperatures higher than 120F are required. This heat pump would be ideally suited for homes retrofitting from hot water boilers, with hot water baseboard or hot water radiators. This heat pump could also be used as a stand-alone system for heating domestic hot water.
- R410a circuit on the ground side and R134a circuit on the hot side for a wide temperature spread without stressing either circuit.
- Two high-efficiency single-speed Copeland scroll compressors, each with double grommet isolation for low noise.
- Single wall heat exchanger for space heating with optional double wall condenser available for dedicated hot water heating.
- Electronic expansion valves for precise refrigerant control and maximum capacity.
- Gen2 control board includes BACnet and USD laptop connectivity, data logging, built-in aquastat functionality, ‘outdoor reset’, and electronic readout of all water in/out temperatures and refrigerant pressures.
- Sight glass are standard on each refrigerant circuit.
- Refrigerant receivers on each circuit to maximize condenser capacity.